I’m probably a poor example of settling into a new home… I moved to Philly about a year and a half ago and I have yet to unpack. However, my beloved friend, Anne Sage, recently moved and she is basically setting the example for me to follow. She moved to LA with only what fit into her car, see?? She’s found the perfect little jewelbox apartment and has strict rules about what she allows in — specific materials, neutral colors, good juju. I love it and I am massively envious. Here are her picks for the perfect gift for the recently relocated!
- Blackline stoneware piggy bank from Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co.
- Mongolian lambo pillow covers from West Elm — Anne says, “I’ve always wanted a furry pillow.”
- Hand-forged fabric sheers from Hollander and Lexer
- Heath ceramics pitcher
- Tie-dye throw from ABC Home
- Gold glazed nesting bowls from Canvas
A bit more about Anne…
Anne Sage is a lifestyle writer, creative director, and social media consultant based in Los Angeles. Her daily interiors and fashion blog The City Sage was named a must-read by Martha Stewart Living, and she was featured in the New York Times for her co-founding of the online shelter publication Rue Magazine. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.