When I was last in Seattle, I visited artist Jenny Vorwaller. As we were wandering the Ballard neighborhood, she asked me if I collected anything. At the time, it didn’t come to me, but I do in fact collect something: pebbles. Whenever I go somewhere new or walk along a beach or simply want to remember a moment in time, I search for the perfect rock. I don’t really label them and I probably couldn’t tell you where they’ve come from, but I just enjoy having them to stack and rub together in my hands. It soothes me, what can I say. What do you collect?
- meditation cushions from Canvas
- porcelain paper plates from SIN
- dessert plates from Suite One Studio
- long handle tasting spoons from Harabu House
- milk glass vases from The White Pepper
- Ya Wen Chou via Sight Unseen
Find out first!
Subscribe to our free newsletter for weekly updates & exclusive content