This post is 6 weeks in the making… I’m so excited to share the reveal of my loft’s bathroom renovation! I’m not sure if I could have pulled this off without the inspiration of One Room Challenge ‘gently’ nudging me each week to finish some projects in there and share the results… but I actually did it! And, as a first time renovator, this feels like quite the feat. That’s right, I’ve never committed to a renovation like this before and I learned quiiiiite a bit.
So… without further ado, let’s see it!
Really, I just wanted a bathroom FULL of plants…
As I was prepping the room for this photoshoot, I had one small snafu: this gorgeous apothecary cabinet from Pottery Barn didn’t arrive in time! It’s on the way, so be sure to check back to see it in place. In the meantime though… I pulled my favorite stylist’s trick called “put a plant on it.” See that giant palm tree? That was my last minute fix.
This piece by Jaime Derringer was the inspiration for the entire space, especially from a color standpoint. It even has a tiny hint of the brick red coloring! Once I had color inspiration, the rest actually felt pretty easy (maybe because I wasn’t allowed to demo the shower??).
I’m really, really satisfied with how this renovation turned out. The color was truly the biggest change in the space — and how perfect is it with the brick?? The bathroom is suddenly a place where I actually want to spend time now.
I’m beyond happy that it no longer feels like a cave, but instead feels like a relaxing, restful place. What do you think?
- Teresa’s Green and All White paint c/o Farrow & Ball.
- Myrna wall mirror c/o Basset Mirror Company.
- Lowes (c/o): terra cotta pots and plants, Delta 2-in-1 showerhead, allen + roth pendant light, allen + roth vanity light, allen + roth wall plate, allen + roth shower curtain hooks.
- Mark & Graham (c/0): Turkish hydro cotton robe.
- Urban Outfitters (c/o): rag rug, sea glass jar, pom pom shower curtain.
- Bellacor (c/o): French linen curtains and curtain rod.
- Minted (c/o): Phases by Susie Allen and Untitled 4 by Jaime Derringer.
- Coyuchi (c/o): Air Weight towels.
- Bryght (c/o): Thuja stool.
- Bungalo (c/0): simple white wall hook.
- Hanging planter from RELM STUDIOS.
- Vase from The Granite.
- Soap pump and soap dish from Target.
- Striped towels from Homegoods.
- Basket planter from Ikea.
- Wire basket from West Elm.
Check out everyone else’s big reveals for One Room Challenge: Apartment 34 | Arianna Belle | Because it’s Awesome | Coco+Kelley | Design Darling | Design Indulgence | Design Manifest | Christine Dovey | The English Room | Vanessa Francis | Hi Sugarplum | Honey We’re Home | Jojotastic | The Pink Clutch | The Pink Pagoda | Simplified Bee | Style Your Senses | A Thoughtful Place | Kimberly Whitman | The Zhush | TM by CIH
Find out first!
Subscribe to our free newsletter for weekly updates & exclusive content