Happy weekend!! I say that very excitedly… for some reason the weeks feel incredibly long. Maybe because I’m doing more and being more active than I have in a long, long time? All I know is that when I go to sleep at night, I crash hard, which hasn’t always been the case.
I also wanted to share a bit of some work I’ve been doing outside of the blog lately, namely a campaign for Captain Morgan! They asked me to pick a few of their cocktail recipes to style and shoot for a new tropical flavored rum, coconut. Not sure I’ve shared this on the blog quite yet, but I’ve been wanting to get into styling for photoshoots more and more and this was just the perfect thing to dip my toe in! I had a blast rounding up props, brainstorming garnish ideas, and even shooting/editing the photos myself. I’m pretty pleased with the results and will be pinning the rest of the images, so be sure to keep an eye out!
In case you missed it, here’s what happened on the blog this week:
- portrait of a cocktail // blood orange and sand
- get the look // wide leg pants
- living proof + a giveaway
- straight up girl talk // dating pt. 1 — I wanted to take a bit of time to thank you all so much for all of the advice, funny stories, and commiserating about this post. It was a really hard one for me to publish, but I’m glad I did it, if anything to hear your voices and stories. So, thank you!
Plus, a few other new & noteworthy things:
- how to apply highlighter, please and thank you!
- and while we’re discussing beauty… how to choose the right shade of red lipstick.
- have you heard Fuck Yes or No yet? Jennifer shared it in the comments of my dating post and I cannot even begin to tell you how much this applies to everything I’ve ever wavered about in life. It’s a must-read.
- these sandals. so. good.
- how to find your signature cocktail… and now I’m thirsty.
- I think I’m going to give this cocooil spray a whirl for my summertime hair look.
photography & styling by Jojotastic for Captain Morgan