I’m sure we can all agree that Valentine’s Day is a bit of pain for us single ladies, but that’s not to say you can’t celebrate it. Instead, I like to embrace the amazing girlfriends I am lucky to call my besties. While they live all over the country, I still have a few tricks to make them feel special on days like good ole V-day. Recently, I teamed up with Shyp, a San Francisco-based start up that takes the pain out of going to the post office.
It’s really quite genius: using their app, you input the address of the gift recipient and a photo of the items to be mailed. Once you’re finished, you request a hero and within 15 minutes he is at your door ready to take your gifts to their warehouse where everything is wrapped up, packaged, and shipped. Seriously, it’s actually amazing.
Plus, Shyp has been kind enough to offer $10 off your first shipment when you use code JOJOTASTIC. They are currently serving San Francisco, Miami, and New York City, with LA coming soon! Click here to sign up.
Now let’s talk about the care packages I put together for each of my besties:
- a leather tassel keychain from Initials, Inc.
- a few shiny things from Lilah V (and 20% of the proceeds go to the Humane Society!)
- rose flavored candies from Miette (sort of like a dozen roses, but way better)
- a mini bar of fancy chocolate, so necessary
- sticky notes and a bar of soap to act as a reminder of how much she is loved (both from a local boutique called Lavish)
- earrings from Amelia Rose
- a hair tie from Mane Message
- silly erasers from Target
I made sure to customize each care package. For example, to remind my friend Vivien that she is as unique as a unicorn, I gave her the unicorn necklace from Lilah V. And of course, I included a handwritten card for each bestie (how cute are these from Easy, Tiger??).
Don’t forget to sign up for Shyp so you can send Valentine’s Day care packages of your own!
photography by Jojotastic
Disclosure: I received product to review for this post. All opinions are my own, and I would never endorse something I didn’t completely love. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Jojotastic going!