I’m not one to make resolutions, but I really, really, really need 2013 to be an improvement from 2012. I don’t want to go into detail, but let’s just say the past year has been a doozy and I’m ready to start fresh. In the coming year, I resolve to…
- Be more positive. For example, yes, 2012 was a tough year, but instead of thinking of it that way, I should rejoice in the fact that I finally launched this blog (something I’ve been wanting to do for years).
- Take this blog to the next level. Better posts, more carefully thought out text, more original content.
- Actually take care of myself. Full disclosure: I don’t work out anymore, I don’t eat enough vegetables, I drink too much soda, and I don’t sleep nearly enough. I haven’t had an acupuncture appointment in months and I can’t remember the last time I went rock climbing. I cannot go on like this.
- Dress better. I totally believe that if you’re not feeling confident in yourself, putting on a touch of lipgloss or a nice pair of shoes will give you an extra boost. I need to push myself to spend the extra few minutes to do that for myself.
- Write more. I used to be a daily journal keeper. Somehow, over the past year I have fallen out of this habit, but I definitely think it’s time to get back into the daily habit. It’s massively important for me to be able to mentally unpack the day and just put it somewhere else for safekeeping. Maybe this should fall under ‘taking care of myself,’ but it’s so important to me, that I wanted to give it it’s own resolution.
I didn’t want to go overboard with the resolutions, but these seem feasible. You’ve got to start somewhere, right? I’m off to Boston today to spend New Years with Dan and his family. I hope everyone has a wonderful new year with lots of sparkle and bubbles!
Glitter image via Pinterest