I hate to admit it, but fall is here my friends. I spent all summer eating yummy salads and I’m just not quite ready to give them up quite yet. I’m holding onto my summer eating habits with this delicious and hearty kale salad topped with golden raisins and a smokey, savory dressing. It’s perfect for fall and oh-so-easy to make!
PS – Remember this roast chicken recipe? Well, this kale salad is the perfect companion!
A Yummy Fall Salad: Golden Raisins + Kale Salad with Sumac Dressing
Just because it’s fall doesn’t mean that I’m ready to give up salad recipes just yet. In fact, I love a fall salad because they tend to be heartier! Kale is the perfect swap for lettuce and greens in this salad, but the highlight for me are the delicious golden raisins. They’re an ingredient that always pleasantly surprises me!
Golden Sumac Kale Salad
- One bunch Lacinato kale
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- To start, wash and dry kale. Fold each kale leaf along the stem and cut out the stem. Discard stem, pile up 5-7 leaves, and finely chop leaves, slowly and as thin as possible, place in a large bowl.
- Pour sesame oil, olive oil and apple cider vinegar over chopped kale leaves and set aside at room temp.
- To serve, dress salad with almonds and raisins and toss well to combine.
Seriously though, this kale salad for fall is super easy to make. I love making it for a fast weekday lunch or even a dinner with a side of soup (especially my avgolemono soup recipe!).
So what do you think? Will you be making any harvest-inspired kale salads this fall? Let us know in the comments!
Photography and styling by Jojotastic, assisted by Gwen McKenzie. Recipe developed by Claire McAleese for Jojotastic.