I’ve been waiting all year to curate this gift guide! After all, I’m sort of an expert at being a new homeowner at this point, right? Ha. While nothing can truly prepare you for the adventures associated with being a new homeowner, these holiday gifts help to easy the street just a tad bit. Here are my top picks:
- personalized doormat – $89
- leather tassel keychain – $55
- marble spice bowl set – $48
- pineapple framed art print (did you know that a pineapple is a symbol of ‘welcome?’) – $178
- good luck candle – $30
- broom + dustpan (sort of an odd gift, but this set is so gorgeous and design-y) – $59.95
- Rebecca Atwood pillows – prices vary. This is definitely an amazing splurge gift!
photo credit: Meghan Klein
Our DIY smudge sticks are a great handmade gift idea + we’ve got lots of different varieties:
- autumn-inspired smudge sticks, using rosemary, cinnamon, and sage.
- summer-inspired smudge sticks, using white sage, lavender, wild blackberries, dusty miller.
- spring-inspired smudge sticks, using eucalyptus, lavender, and acacia.
These two items from Terrain are on my wishlist for sure — mostly because I removed the doorbell from #mytinybungalow because it felt silly to have one when my house is only 640-sqft. And having a door knocker is way cuter. And I want a traditional mailbox instead of one that’s mounted on my house. I’m sort of old school like that ;)
I’ve found that it’s often the small things that make my new house feel like a home. Things like knowing where my keys are, displaying my travel souvenirs, and getting organized… those simple actions have helped turn my house into a home.
Stay tuned for more gift guides + get more inspiration here!