I don’t know if I’ve ever divulged just how small #mytinybungalow is… it’s 640 sqft total! Yup, pretty darn small — and without a single closet to boot. I’ve had to get really clever with finding ways to sneak in extra storage, but I’ve noticed more and more that lots of furniture pieces are doing double-duty. It seems like the world is slowing coming around to the tiny house revolution! With so many amazing options out there, I wanted to share 20 of my favorite pieces with you,
I was recently looking for a new full-length mirror and was amazed that there are now mirrors that have built in extra storage — so genius! I’d be pleased as much to include any of these in my upcoming bedroom and bathroom renovations.
- leaning mirror from Urban Outfitters
- mirror shelf from Urban Outfitters
- storage floor mirror from ATG Stores
- entry station from Pottery Barn
- wooden floor mirror from ATG Stores
Another trick I’ve discovered to gain extra storage space is to go vertical. I’m loving anything that can be wall mounted because it gives the illusion that the furniture is floating and tricks the eye into thinking it’s less bulky. We’re even considering using wall mounted cubbies for nightstands when we renovate!
If there’s one place where I’m pretty sure we could all use extra storage, it’s the kitchen. When I moved in, I just threw stuff into the cabinets and drawers so that I could get rid of my boxes quickly. But now… well, let’s just say the insanity is driving me mad! I’m on a mission to get organized this year.
- fold-down bar shelf from Anthropologie
- galvanized utility station from Terrain
- kitchen tower organizer from Urban Outfitters
- live-edge bar shelf from Anthropologie
- all-purpose kitchen storage tower from Urban Outfitters
I am seriously coveting all of these pieces for my house. It’s really inspired me to cast an editing eye toward everything in my house, looking for more ways to sneak in extra storage wherever I can!
- hook rack from Rejuvenation
- utility shelf from CB2
- hexagon storage ottoman from CB2 (basically the most stylish storage ottoman I’ve ever seen!)
- jewelry cabinet with mirror from CB2
- sling nightstand side table from CB2
- mirror with hidden coat rack from ATG Stores
- metal storage cart from Pottery Barn
- upholstered storage entryway bench from Allmodern