These days, cooking is kind of a challenge for me. It’s pretty hard to put together a meal while on crutches! Sean has taken over all of our meal prep, but isn’t totally comfortable in the kitchen. We’ve worked on simplifying some of our go-to meals and snacks, especially ones that take advantage of our garden. I planted way too much kale, so we’ve been getting creative with eating it all. One super easy way is to make kale chips. Another obsession of mine lately everything bagel seasoning. I found some at Trader Joe’s and immediately thought we could make our own mix!
From eggs to kale chips, we’ve been adding this everything bagel seasoning mix to everything! Mix up a big batch and keep on hand for whatever.
Everything Bagel Seasoned Kale Chips
- a big bunch of kale (we used curly kale, but any will do)
- olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon large flake sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway (rye) seeds
- Combine spices in an airtight jar. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. While the oven heats up, wash kale well and dry completely. cut kale into small, chip-sized pieces, removing the stem entirely. Place kale into a ziploc bag and pour olive oil over to coat. Seal the bag and massage the leaves to ensure even coverage of olive oil.
- Spread out kale on a baking sheet. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning mix on top. Bake for about 10 minutes. Flip each piece and bake for another 8 minutes or until crispy. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before eating!
photography & styling by Jojotastic.
Get more recipes here!