Oh, broken leg life… I would never wish this on anyone! It’s not just the pain or discomfort that (for lack of a better work) sucks — it’s the boredom! I’ve learned quite a bit in the past 6 weeks and wanted to share with you guys my ‘survival kit’ of sorts that has helped me deal with this. I figured even if you don’t have a broken leg, but have another injury or if you need bedrest, these items will definitely help!
- Mahabis slippers — I really like these because the sole is extra grippy for when I’m crutching around and help me prevent falling again. They’re pretty damn cute, too.
- Mederma — if you’re like me and had surgery, this is a must to help scars heal. I’m really blown away by how quickly I’ve noticed a difference.
- jersey dress — putting on pants is really difficult, so these days I’m living in dresses. My favorite is this one from Madewell.
- Port and Polish pill box — definitely the cutest way to organize your medications. Hat tip to Door Sixteen for sharing.
- Kindle — I’ve been reading SO much, especially on my Kindle since it’s hard for me to go to the bookstore to get new ones.
- cleansing wipes — washing my face is difficult because I can’t stand over the sink very well. These wipes have been the perfect solution.
- dry shampoo — the easiest way to keep my hair looking clean because showering can be really difficult, too.
- a puzzle — my good friends from House of Brinson sent me a puzzle and it definitely kept me occupied for a while!
- ice pack — I ordered a few of these so that I always have something cold to put on my leg when it bothers me.
- a fanny pack — it’s basically impossible to carry anything when I’m using my crutches, so a fanny pack is definitely essential.
- a fancy leg pillow — this thing has been a LIFESAVER. It’s the only way I can get comfortable enough to sleep. I’m so serious, if you’ve broken your leg, this pillow is amazing.
And a few other suggestions:
- Instacart for grocery delivery
- Amazon Prime Now for basically everything, ever (and delivery from some of my favorite restaurants)
- Netflix & Hulu (duh)
- New York Times subscription — I’ve really enjoyed reading the paper and getting all smudgy. It’s kinda nice!
What else can you recommend?
Find out first!
Subscribe to our free newsletter for weekly updates & exclusive content