It’s been really hot in Seattle. Well, ‘hot’ in PNW terms… Ha. Most homes here don’t have air conditioning here, so I’ve been getting creative with ways to keep cool even when it’s really hot in the house. Frozen drinks have been at the top of the list, especially refreshing lemonade. Recently, I whipped up a really delicious combination of coconut, lemonade, and lavender and I totally had to share it with you guys. Meet your new favorite mid-summer drink!
Lavender is definitely one of those flavor profiles that makes me feel really fancy. I grew so much of it in my garden this summer, so I’ve been making simple syrup with it. Aside from using it in this lemonade, I highly recommend drizzling the leftover syrup over vanilla bean ice cream. SO GOOD.
Simple lemonade is always refreshing for summer, but I really love the creaminess that the coconut cream adds.
Coconut Lemonade with Lavender Simple Syrup
- 6 lemons
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- vodka (optional, but so necessary)
- 2 handfuls of ice
For the simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp culinary dried lavender
- To make the simple syrup, boil the water in a small pot over high heat. Stir in sugar and lavender and reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Set aside for one hour. Strain out the lavender blossoms and pour mixture into an airtight jar for storing up to 2 weeks.
- To make the lemonade, wash each lemon, then cut in half. Juice each lemon into the blender without letting seeds fall in. Add coconut cream, water, 1/2 cup lavender simple syrup, ice, and vodka (to taste). Blend well to combine. Pour the mixture into a glass and garnish with a sprig or two of lavender and cute straw.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and garnish with a sprig or two of lavender and cute straw.
So what do you think?? Let us know what you think of our frozen coconut lemonade drink! We hope you are enjoying your summer days!!
recipe, photography, and styling by Jojotastic.