Happy stone fruit season, friends! I absolutely love this time of year and today I want to share a recipe that celebrates my most favorite of the stone fruit family, peaches. There is nothing better than the delicious flavor of a perfectly ripe peach. I even love the feeling of the juice running down my chin. Simple moments like that make me think of summertime from my childhood. Meet your new favorite summer dessert, grilled peaches with cardamom granola… and topped with a heavy scoop of vanilla ice cream!
I’ve been exploring the bulk spice aisle of my local grocery a lot lately and recently fell in love with cardamom. The flavor has a certain spiciness to it, but is also a bit citrusy somehow. I like to think of it as a pie spice because it goes really well with nutmeg and cinnamon. When paired with fresh peaches though… YUM. These two flavors are a match made in heaven, especially when topped with vanilla bean ice cream.
Grilled Peaches with Cardamom Granola and Ice Cream
- 4 peaches
- softened butter
- vanilla bean ice cream
For the granola:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup whole unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 and heat your grill to medium heat.
- Combine dry granola ingredients for topping in a medium-sized bowl. Cut the cold butter into small cubes and work into the dry mix using your hands. Mush the mixture together until the butter holds the crumbles together a bit. Pour mixture into a glass baking dish and spread out to create an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes then use a wooden spoon to toss so it toasts evenly. Bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut peaches in half, brushing the tops with softened butter, and grill for 8 minutes.
- To plate, top each peach with spoonful of granola topping and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I usually sprinkle a little bit more on top of the ice cream, too!
Honestly, it’s just crumbly, melty perfection.
We love how easy this dessert is to make, especially when we’re hanging out on the deck enjoying the sunset. We always have leftover granola which also goes really well with Greek yogurt, too!
Recipe, photography, and styling by Jojotastic. Get more recipes here!