This post is sponsored by Truvia. All opinions are my own and always will be! Thanks for supporting content that keeps Jojotastic going.
Usually in Seattle we get one or two hot days, but this year we’ve experienced week after week of super-hot days. Most of the city (including #mytinybungalow), doesn’t have air conditioning, so I’ve been getting creative with ways to keep cool. One of my favorite (and yummiest) ways to stay cool in this weather is by serving up sweet corn gazpacho for dinner! Recently, I whipped up this delicious rendition featuring grilled sweet corn and onions — and it has less sugar in it because I used Truvia Brown Sugar Blend.
When it’s hot like this, we usually eat our meals outdoors, picnic-style. Gazpacho is kind of the perfect thing to bring to a picnic because it packs up so well in clasp jars, while looking super chic and Instagram-worthy! The taste of this sweet corn gazpacho is so refreshing.
Most of the recipes I’ve tried in the past usually call for sugar in the gazpacho… lots of it. I’m always trying to make sure that what we put into our bodies has the best ingredients, so I always question whether we really need that much sugar. While creating this recipe, I noticed that the taste of brown sugar was a really lovely complement to the smokiness of the grilled corn and onion — and nicely accentuates the sweetness of the corn, too! Instead of using traditional brown sugar, I used Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, a blend of stevia sweetener and brown sugar, because it has the same texture and taste, but with 75% fewer calories than traditional brown sugar. Once fall comes and my baking increases, I’ll definitely be using this more and more to help us reduce the amount of sugar in my recipes as it also bakes and browns just like brown sugar, and tastes just as delicious!
Grilled Sweet Corn Gazpacho
- 1 can cannelloni beans
- 3 ears of sweet corn
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- jalapeño (optional)
- Over medium-high heat, grill corn without shucking them. Quarter the onion and place on the grill. Grill for 10 minutes or until the kernels are soft. Remove everything from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes. Shuck the ears and cut the kernels from the cob. Reserve about 1/2 cup of corn kernels for garnish.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and process until combined.
- Divide gazpacho into lidded jars and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. When you’re ready to serve, garnish with reserved corn kernels, jalapeño for some heat, and a drizzle of high quality olive oil.
You know what I love this recipe so much? I don’t have to turn on the oven and make my house super-hot! The blender does all the work.
If you’re heading to an end-of-summer, Labor Day party or BBQ, this recipe is a great one to bring! We hope you enjoy the rest of these sunny days!
Photography & styling by Jojotastic.
Get more recipes here!