Things are ramping up and getting downright busy around here in preparation for the holidays, so I’ve decided to expand the Jojotastic team again and search for an editorial intern here in Seattle!
Here’s a bit of what I’m looking for:
- Photoshoot assistance — Want to learn what goes into planning and prepping a shoot? Keen on trying your hand at styling? When it comes to photoshoots, I need all the help I can get! A few key tasks: food prep, helping pick wardrobe, scouting props for shoots, etc.
- Editorial assistance — My goal is for my intern to have his or her own column here on Jojotastic, whether it’s food, fashion, or anything else that fits the aesthetic. I also need help scouting new topics to cover, as well as help putting together posts.
- Social media assistance — Can you craft the perfect pitch in 140 characters or less? Do you love Instagram Stories? Then I desperately need you. I’d love to have some help across all social media channels with drafting, scheduling, even keeping up with that new new.
- Organization — I need all the help I can get these days, so a small part of this role will be helping me to stay on top of stuff like studio management, updating ads on my site, that sort of thing.
A few more things:
- must be Seattle-based and not allergic to dogs. I’ve got a desk in Ballard with your name written all over it.
- must have a basic understanding of Photoshop and a laptop.
- access to car is a plus. I promise to keep the coffee runs to a minimum.
- the internship is part-time (10-15 hours a week) with flexible hours. I’m trying to stop working weekends myself, so hopefully not too many weekends!
- positive vibes only — I need an intern who is mature, organized, and generally unflappable under pressure.
- experience is nice, but not required. We’re in this together and I’m looking to teach as much as I’m looking to get some help.
To apply and learn more, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line INTERN-TASTIC. Be sure to include links to whatever you think best represents your aesthetic (personal blog, instagram, twitter, pinterest… etc) and a quick blurb about why you’re interested. I’m hoping to make my decision by October, so send ’em in!
Photography by Meghan Klein.