Not gonna lie, you guys, this is a weird post to write! I just spent 5 days on a beach in Mexico sipping margaritas… and now I’m sharing a recipe for a very festive cocktail. December is such an odd month for me. I usually like to vacation during this month because it’s cold, grey, and rainy here in Seattle, but then it also means I come back to full-force holiday mode. But this Festive Amaro Manhattan cocktail recipe is just too good not to share! It’s really easy to make and will impress any of your holiday guests this season.
Aside from when I’m on a beach sunbathing, I tend to be a bourbon drinker pretty much exclusively… which is why I always love to put a twist on the classic Manhattan. The addition of cranberry juice makes the drink feel oh-so-ready for Christmas, but what I love most is the warm, herbal notes that a simple garnish of rosemary adds to the overall experience. Lastly, a couple dashes of orange bitters really help to brighten up the drink!
A Festive Amaro Manhattan
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 3 ounces unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1/2 ounce amaro
- fresh cranberries for garnish
- fresh rosemary for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker (here’s my favorite one) with ice and pour in all ingredients. Shake to combine and cool the ingredients, about 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a festive goblet or glass. Skewer 3 cranberries on a cocktail skewer and place in drink. Take a spring of fresh rosemary and slap lightly against the palm of your hand to release the aroma and insert into the drink as well. Cheers!
Are you ready for the holidays?? We hope you enjoy our cocktail recipe with your loved ones! Cheers!
recipe, photography & styling by Jojotastic. Get more recipes here!