This is truly the first year it’s felt like my birthday has snuck up on me. As a kid, I started the countdown way back in March. Maybe it’s a sign of growing older, but I don’t really do the countdown anymore. Yes, I’ll write the date down on a piece of paper (usually a check to pay a bill!) and realize my birthday is soonish. But this year I’ve been so busy that I haven’t really had that moment. The official day is this Sunday, March 18, so Rocky pulled together a delicious cocktail to celebrate — and it tastes juuuust like a birthday cake!
The Ultimate Birthday Cake Cocktail
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 1/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz dry curacao
- 1 oz vanilla simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 oz heavy cream
- edible glitter and fancy sprinkles for garnish (Sweetapolita is my favorite source)
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 3 vanilla beans split and scraped
- 1 quart water
- 1 quart sugar
- To make the vanilla simple syrup, bring water sugar, and vanilla beans to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. It’s ok to leave the vanilla beans in the simple syrup, too. Store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use it.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with one ice cube. Shake vigorously until the ice cube has dissolved. Add more ice to fill the shaker and shake 30 more seconds. Double strain into a cute coupe glass or the glass of your choice. Garnish with edible glitter and sprinkles.
Even if your birthday isn’t any time soon, this birthday cake cocktail is super yummy. I suggest serving it up in a cute vintage coupe glass so it feels extra-fancy — and don’t be afraid to get creative with your sprinkle and edible glitter colors!
Do you think you’ll make this on your birthday? We love how simple it is to make. Let us know what you think in the comments!
Photography and styling by Jojotastic. Recipe developed by Raquel Roof for Jojotastic.
Get more recipes here!