With our backyard makeover in full swing, admittedly I have not had much time to entertain or to prep any fancy meals for us. Most nights, I throw together something easy for dinner that is still healthy and then we conk out early because we’ve been moving pavers around the yard for hours and hours. Woof. But spring is finally here in Seattle and I am feeling more and more like celebrating — even if it’s just with a few cocktails while we take a break from yard work. This cocktail is composed of a really smooth blend of elderflower liqueur, black tea infused vodka, and vermouth for an easy-to-make and easy-to-sip drink perfect for spring. Plus, once you’ve made your batch of black tea vodka it’s easy to make more in the future!
Elderflower & Black Tea Vodka Cocktail
Black Tea Infused Vodka
- 1 fifth vodka
- 6 heaping teaspoons loose black tea
Black Tea and Elderflower Cocktail (makes 2 cocktails)
- 1.5 oz black tea vodka (recipe below)
- .75 oz dry vermouth
- .5 oz elderflower liqueur
Black Tea Vodka Instructions
- Pour the loose black tea into the vodka (you may need a funnel). Seal with the cap and infuse for 18 hours or to taste. Double strain to remove all excess tea leaves before using.
Black Tea and Elderflower Cocktail
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice. Stir and strain into coupe or desired glass. Garnish with orange zest or a lemon peel for a bright, springtime flavor.
These drinks can get strong fast, so I do recommend making them in smaller glasses. There’s a balance to the drink that is really quite lovely, too. It’s sort of balanced like how a Manhattan is balanced. And once you’ve made the black tea vodka, it’s so easy to serve these up any time you have company over — something I definitely plan to do if this yard is ever finished!
So what do you think? We’re gearing up for warmer days here in Seattle, so this recipe hit the spot. We would love to hear from you when you try it out!
Photography and styling by Jojotastic. Recipe developed by Raquel Roof for Jojotastic.
Get more recipes here!