When I think about places in the house that feel the most like a refuge from our construction projects, our bedroom is always top of mind. It’s the one room in our tiny bungalow that has remained relatively untouched since the kitchen project started. To say it’s my sanctuary is an understatement! I also tend to spend a lot of time in bed, probably because I really love sleep. For all of these reasons, I recently realized that I have some nightstand essentials that I absolutely require and wanted to share them with you!
Make Your Bedroom Extra-Cozy with these 5 Nightstand Essentials
Honestly, most of these picks are all about personal preference, but I still think there should be a spot for each of these items on your nightstand:
1. A cute dish, tray or catchall
If it weren’t for the tiny ceramic dish on my nightstand, there would be bobby pins, hair ties, and random ephemera alllll over the place! I believe strongly in having one dish or tray that can hold the essentials, while also looking cute.
- natural marlstone rectangle tray
- Florentine wood oval tray
- rose quartz tray
- moon shaped catchall
- gold monogram tray
- Waterworks brass tray
- hand carved stone tray
- organic shape porcelain platter
- small pink marble tray
- shagreen heart trinket tray
- black star catchall
- terrazzo tray
- trilateral decorative tray
2. A cute alarm clock
I am really strict about limiting screen time while in bed and usually charge my phone in the living room. I still need an alarm clock though! Not only is an old school alarm clock perfect for styling, it will also help you wake up and avoid looking at your phone right away. That’s a big win in my book.
- silver bedside alarm clock
- tumbler alarm clock
- analog alarm clock
- white retro alarm clock
- George Nelson brass clock
- round table clock
- flip alarm clock
- brass table clock
- grey and black cubic alarm clock
- gold alarm clock
- rubber cube smart light clock
3. A bedside carafe
Nothing is worse than waking up thirsty and having to go to the kitchen for a glass of water. Ever since I was a kid, I have kept a carafe with a matching glass on my nightstand. I fill it up about once a week and the glass fits on top so that nothing falls into it. I had no idea how many cute options there are until I started sourcing for this post!
- water carafe and glass set
- vintage etched bedside carafe
- cut glass carafe
- clear glass carafe
- laurel carafe and glass set
- bonne nuit night bottle set
- ribbed glass carafe
- cora carafe
- smoke glass carafe
- everyday glass bedside carafe
4. Your trusty journal
Every night, I write in my Five Minute Journal before I fall asleep, so that and my favorite pen are true nightstand essentials. Even if you’re not a journal writer, I do suggest keeping a pad of paper and pen next to your bed. You never know when you’ll have a stroke of genius!
- blue life journal
- Moleskin cahier soft cover
- #winning metallic textured-leather notebook
- je na sais quoi journal
- marble journal
- The Five Minute Journal — if journaling is new to you or you need help getting started, this is great.
- dotted grid notebook
- write stuff journal
- joie de vivre journal
- navy blue leather notebook
- patterned notebook
5. Bedtime skincare products
I think by now we all know that my skincare routine is a bit… extra. My current obsession is using a luxe sleep mask to combat dry skin. I usually keep at least one on my nightstand at all times so that I remember to use it. I also love to use a silk sleep mask and soothing essential oils to lull me into a better, deeper sleep.
- black tea firming overnight mask
- silk eye mask
- coco rose lip conditioner
- deep sleep night oil
- Luna sleeping night oil
- Elemis Superfood night cream — I just used the last of mine and I’m so sad! Definitely need to reorder.
- sleep plus pillow spray
- avocado sleep set
- moon fruit superfruit night treatment
- water fuse hydro sleep mask — seriously, one of my favorite masks of all time.
- sleep tight firming night balm
- deep relax roller ball
- sleep drops
So that is my list of top 5 nightstand essentials! Would you add anything else to the list?
photography & styling by Jojotastic.
Find out first!
Subscribe to our free newsletter for weekly updates & exclusive content