It always cracks me up to see which of my posts resonate the most with you. A few years back, I shared these stylish laundry baskets and ever since that has been in my top 10 most popular posts ever. So odd, but I think it speaks to how big yet silent of a role doing laundry plays in our lives. When I first bought the bungalow, I was stoked to have in-house laundry. After a few years though… our tiny laundry room has started to annoy me. One of my 2019 renovation goals is to finally get that space settled and make it less of a chore to do laundry. Some of these laundry essentials will definitely make the cut and help it be less terrible in there!
source: wicker corner hamper.
Small Space-Friendly Laundry Essentials You Never Knew You Needed
- organic wool dryer balls — yup, I am still loving our dryer balls in lieu of dryer sheets. So much less wasteful!
- round metal laundry basket
- lavender scented French soap and cleaning solution
- lingerie drying rack
- tabletop ironing board
- rectangular crunch basket — we use this and absolutely love it! When you don’t need it, you can scrunch it and store in a nook.
- blue & white laundry hamper
- large delicates wash bag
- The Laundress detergent, fabric conditioner, and fabric freshener
For the longest time, our laundry room storage has comprised of a random cart full of partially used detergent bottles, a collapsible drying rack shoved in a corner, and a bag of lint (we use it for starting campfires). What I’d really love to do is move the washer and dryer out of the way, strengthen the floor, and then paint it in a really fun bright color. Then put in some shelves and a wall mounted clothes line. That’s the dream anyway… until then, I’m just focused on keeping the mountain of laundry down!
Sources (top to bottom, left to right):
- laundry bin on wheels with 3 sections
- wall mounted bamboo hamper
- wall mounted drying rack — I’m pretty sure we need one of these!
- retractable laundry drying rack
Shop the post:
P.s. you should also check out these tips for going green in your laundry room!
Find out first!
Subscribe to our free newsletter for weekly updates & exclusive content