Honestly, is there anything better than a brand new candle? Now that I work from home, I have one burning pretty much at all times. And now that it’s autumn, I am alllll about the cozy scents. Bring on the cinnamon, the apple, the spice, the pumpkin. YES PLEASE. If you’re like me, I thought you’d appreciate knowing what my absolute favorite fall scented candles are!
Source: pumpkin shaped candles from Linnea’s Lights.
Embrace All Things Hygge with these Cozy Fall Scented Candles
But first… what is hygge?
I wouldn’t exactly call ‘hygge’ a new trend by any means, but every fall it comes into play. Pronounced hoo-ga, this Danish concept is all about coziness and comfort. But the Danes take it one step further and believe that the feeling of being cozy leads to a happy life. Your well-being is boosted through the feeling of enjoying the simple things in life and being content.
I’m not kidding — I really feel like a candle expert, especially when it comes to fall scents. In fact, one of my first jobs out of design school was designing candle packaging. Every time we kicked off a new fall collection, we’d have a long meeting where we’d pass around scents and decide on which fragrance was right for the new collection. It was always my favorite meeting! Usually I like more traditional fall scented candles like pumpkin spice, apple cider, and cinnamon.
Some of my favorite fall scented candles (top to bottom, left to right):
- Pumpkin Chai candle from Nest Fragrances
- Large Autumn candle from The White Company
- Palo Santo 14 candle from Le Labo
- Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir scented candle — this is literally one of my favorite scents in the entire world!
- Capri Blue spiced cider jar candle
- Big Apple scented candle from Boy Smells
- Studio Pink Disco Fireplace candle from Brooklyn Candle
- Sugar + Apple Pie candle from Carabella Candle
- Capri Blue Pumpkin Clove jar candle
- Archipelago Botanicals pumpkin macchiato soy wax candle
- Woodfire tin candle
- Fireplace + Clove scented candle from Outdoor Fellow
- Cinnamon + Violet candle from 837 North Candle Co.
- Diptyque Figuier scented candle
- Pumpkin candle from Linnea’s Lights
There are so many cozy scents now though! I’ve personally been loving anything that is campfire inspired. The smokier, the better. Palo santo falls into this category, too. Basically, I just want our house to smell like a cabin at all times.
If DIY-ing a candle is more your speed, check out our eggnog scented candle tutorial.
Which candle is your favorite to burn in the fall? Leave a comment and let me know!
Find out first!
Subscribe to our free newsletter for weekly updates & exclusive content