Confession: serving pieces are my FAVORITE things to shop for. Platters, large bowls, cheeseboards, cake stands… I absolutely love it all and wish I had room to hoard it all! With the holidays upon us, I wanted to share some of the pieces that I am currently eyeing. If you’re hosting Thanksgiving or simply looking for a piece to stylishly carry your dish to the party, this is the post for you!
Entertain with These Beautiful Serving Pieces This Holiday Season
With sooo many different types of serving pieces out there, I curated this list to include some options. If there is anything I missed, let me know! I could spend all day shopping for dining essentials…
Picking a pretty platter really just requires knowing what you want to put on it. I like to keep a few on hand in varying sizes so that they are always ready, no matter the occasion. It’s always nice to have a set that matches, but personally, I prefer to curate a mix. Usually I try to combine metallics, wood, ceramics, and glass. The choice is yours!
- Stalk gold platter
- Roscoe platters, set of 5
- Selene serving platter
- Ora stoneware round platter
- Sitio stripe stoneware platter
- Caskata arbor large oval platter
- Incanto stone oval tray
- Reactive glaze serving platter
- Wonki Ware black starburst snack plate — this might be what I add to my collection this year! Plus, it’s on sale.
- Gold round tray
- Casa Biance oval platter
- Brass serving plate
Large serving bowls are an entertaining staple in our household. Even when it’s not Thanksgiving or Christmas, I find that we use them frequently for salad, popcorn during movie night, or tossing together ingredients while cooking. Sean has a habit of using my serving bowls to collect water when he’s working on plumbing… #fixerupperlife I guess!
- Midnight Sky pasta bowl
- Salad bowl with oak trivet
- Speckled stoneware serving bowl
- Visto navy stoneware serving bowl
- Chop whitewash wood bowl — I want this one SO badly.
- Harvest bloom serving bowl
- Franklin brown glass bowl
- Kallan serving bowl
- Emma beaded footed serving bowl
- Wilder serving bowl
- Marbled ceramic serving bowl
- Stonewood stripe two-handle serving bowl
- Artisan serving bowl
And don’t forget the serving utensils! I feel like I never actually have enough of these on hand, so this year I plan to stock up. Gone are the days of giving my guests random forks and spoons to try to serve themselves! Again, this is another entertaining essential where I don’t worry about them matching.
- Naomi 2-piece set
- Wyatt salad servers
- Gold salad servers
- Golden 2-piece salad serving set
- Primrose mother-of-pearl handle salad serving set
- Michael Aram orchid 2-piece cake serving set
- Two-piece grey wood serving set
- Resin salad serving set — I love how retro-modern these feel!
- Gold & wood servers
- Natural wood salad servers
- Black cake server
- Pumpkin servers
- 4-piece brushed gold serving utensil set
As guests start to arrive, one of my favorite ways to welcome them into my home is with a beautifully styled cheeseboard (I shared tips for arranging a grazing board here). It all starts with the board upon which you build the spread! Cheeseboard materials range from natural stone to wood to ceramic. And I am loving that there are terrazzo boards out there, too! In a pinch, you can always use these boards as a trivet, too.
- Etched floral mango wood serving board
- Swirl cheese board
- 2-tone large marble board
- terrazzo cheese trivet
- Wedge olive wood serving board
- Dark mango wood butterfly key cutting board
- Acacia wood & marble cheese boards
- Agate serving board
- Ash wood serving boards
- Agate cheese board
- Iveta Abolina bitch wood cutting board
- Terrazzo black round serving platter
Happy entertaining & stay tuned for even more holiday-related posts!