Something we talk a lot about in our tiny bungalow is having a place for everything and everything in it’s place. You see, I’m really good at remembering where things go and putting them back… my amazing husband on the other hand… well, this post isn’t meant to be an attack on his character BUT the man never knows where things go. It’s infuriating, but I digress. We have a lot of really great storage baskets in our home and I was recently asked to share resources and suggestions for some for you guys. I scoured the internet to find loads of stylish options + I also shared a list of my favorite places to find ’em!
Wicker & natural fiber baskets I like (left to right, top to bottom):
- Mercado floor baskets
- Laura baskets
- Iringa box with lid
- Charcoal striped large jute floor basket
- Scaffold natural rattan basket
- Aseana folio bin
- Jute laundry basket in charcoal
- Tall round paper rope basket
- Multicolor stripe abaca rope baskets
- Naki large basket
- Darkened ash basket
- Large Banana Delilah tote basket
These Stylish Storage Baskets Will Help Keep Your Home Organized & Tidy
I want this post to be about my suggestions for storage containers that I like and would personally use, but I also wanted to share a list of sources to inspire you, too. This post will probably get too long, but I truly want to make a good organization resource for you… so here goes!
Where to Shop for Stylish Storage Baskets & Bins
- The Container Store — truly, the best go-to resource for anything storage-related, especially if you have the Elfa closet system like us. Most of their baskets are the perfect size to fit.
- Target — lots of affordable options in a mix of materials
- Anthropologie — usually more expensive, but if they have a good sale you can get some awesome statement pieces
- Urban Outfitters — affordable and super-chic
- One Kings Lane — a bit more spendy, but lots of options!
- World Market — they always have really good sales!
- Crate & Barrel — a LOT of stylish, basic storage options, plus cute ones for kids toy storage
- CB2 — lots of great modern options
- West Elm — I typically don’t recommend them anymore because I’ve heard too many horror stories about delivery problems and quality issues, but I think storage baskets are a bit less likely to have that happen (I hope!)
- Rejuvenation — heirloom-quality pieces that are well-made
- Terrain — functional pieces with a slight touch of farmhouse vibe
- Lulu & Georgia — super-stylish & chic options
- The Citizenry — a great source for ethically made storage
- Schoolhouse — sturdy Americana classics, great for kitchens
Metal baskets I like (left to right, top to bottom):
- Wire basket with copper handle and mesh bottom
- Zinc basket
- Vertica stacking wire baskets
- Roscoe metal baskets
- Municipal gym basket
- Distressed metal Peyton barrel
- Fence mesh basket
- Urban stacking wire baskets
- Antique zinc milk crate
- Wood handle basket
- Oil-rubbed bronze wire storage basket
- Hadley lined metal storage basket
- Set of 3 galvanized metal bins
- Yamazaki Tosca white dual-handle storage basket
- Korbo classic handmade wire basket & tray
Wooden bins & baskets I like (left to right, top to bottom):
- Stackable natural wood toy storage bin
- Walnut storage box
- Wood and metal crate
- Bamboo storage bin
- Natural wood basket
- Feathergrain wood bins with handles
- Stackable bamboo storage bins
- Wood storage bin
- Trove square cork box with lid
Fabric and leather storage baskets I like (left to right, top to bottom):
- Zander leather basket
- Folded leather basket
- Coiled and sewn rope basket
- Jasmine basket
- Closed Mondays woven bucket basket
- Woven leather basket
- Cablelock wool basket
- Canvas quilted bins
- Braided denim basket
- Foldable laundry basket
- Yana letter basket
- Azad low leather storage bin
Sources for Vintage Storage Baskets
Vintage pieces are always a great idea and bring a lot of character to a space, so if you want to go this route, here are a few places where I typically shop:
My Personal Favorite Storage Baskets & Bins
And lastly, if you are inspired by our closet and want to get that look, here are all of the various bins, baskets, and containers we used to organize it:
- Wire storage baskets — these are awesome for the pantry and food storage. We have them in pretty much every size!
- Tall and round natural basket — I actually use this one as a planter, but it’s great for storing blankets and throws, too.
- Briget Large Natural/Black Abaca Basket — this is what we store dog toys and stuff in
- Yamazaki Tosca White Dual-Handle Storage Basket — I LOVE these baskets. They are awesome for closet storage, pantry storage, and everything else.
- Beach house bins — these are awesome for accessories and small clothing
- Flax storage bin with rope handles — this is the basket we have the most of in our home. They fit perfectly with the Elfa closet system.
I hope this post helps you! Let me know if I missed any storage resources you love.