I have chandeliers on the mind lately… not the stuffy, crystal one of your grandma’s era, but a modern chandelier. Our new house has an epically tall ceiling (15 feet!) which means I can finally make my dreams of dramatic dining room lighting come true. While I don’t have a peek of the space to show you yet, you know me and know what I can’t help but plan ahead and daydream about the space… so I started perusing some of my favorite lighting sources for inspiration. What I found was just too good to keep to myself! In case you’re on the hunt for a modern chandelier, here are a few really, really good ones that I found!
Looking for a Modern Chandelier? Check Out These Options!
Glass & Crystal
In my mind, a crystal chandelier is a very traditional light fixture… and tends to have a specific look. While working on this round up, I was pleased to see that there are way more modern glass chandeliers now — so many pretty options! I love the look of a mostly glass chandelier because then you really get to maximize the light and glow.
Sources (top to bottom, left to right):
- Capiz honeycomb chandelier
- Ramona recycled glass chandelier
- Madelyn oval faceted chandelier
- Astrid mother of pearl round chandelier
- Capiz rectangle chandelier
- Katia lucite chandelier
- Teardrops capiz chandelier
- Lucena chandelier
We all know that I love a black light fixture! And it’s no different when it comes to my search for a modern chandelier. Our dining room’s ceiling is made of logs and exposed wood, so an architectural black light fixture just might be the way to go!
Sources (left to right, top to bottom):
- Curvilinear mid-century chandelier
- Baja chandelier
- Millard barebulb 4-arm chandelier
- Jimena chandelier
- Isaac chandelier
- Camryn metal & glass chandelier
- Lure patina bronze chandelier
- Berkshire 48″ linear pendant with linen shades
Brass chandeliers will always have a special place in my heart — it’s just such a classic finish for any light fixture.
- Eddy chandelier
- Sculptural glass 7-light multi chandelier
- Clive 8-arm brass chandelier
- Orillia 30″ chandelier
- Rosecliff chandelier
- Breck chandelier
- Hammered brass dome pendant
- Salem 24″ bare-bulb chandelier
And lastly…. why not have some FUN with your lighting? From paper maché to caning to tassels, there are some really cool chandeliers in unexpected materials these days.
- Carys rattan chandelier
- Whitewash wood draped bead 4 light chandelier
- Nassa basket pendant light
- Humya chandelier
- Del chandelier, blue
- Magnolia chandelier
- Vesper string pendant light
- Willow chandelier