Did you love my cabin chic winter wonderland yesterday?? I hope so! Today I want to talk about one very important element of any holiday decor: ornaments! I am a bit of a collector and always get asked where I got some of my ornaments. So today, I decided I should finally round up my favorite places to shop for the best Christmas ornaments. I hope this list inspires you to deck the halls!
My Ultimate Guide to Where to Shop for the BEST Christmas Ornaments
Ornaments from small, independent shops:
I discovered Furbish Studio over on IG this year and I am totally obsessed. I placed a massive order with them for ornaments + a few more decor pieces around the cabin that you’ll see when we finally get it more settled. I love their quirky, irreverent ornaments.
See my giant pom poms?? Those came from Freckled Hen and I love them sooo much. They’re perfect for filling in weird gaps on your tree, but also for adding a different type of texture to your overall assortment of ornaments. Plus, they have some really cute novelty glass ornaments, too.
I have been a huge fan of this boutique for as long as I’ve been blogging, so they are always at the top of my list for finding new ornaments. Some of my most beloved ones came from this source, including my mercury glass eggs and paper mâché chickens.
Flotsam & Fork
Tons of great glass ornaments, especially if you want anything that’s French-inspired or food-related!
For an eclectic mix of ornaments, look no further than this resource! They also have the best one-of-a-kind stockings that sell out every year, so act fast if you want a set.
Truly, the best of the best. I try to get one ornament a year since they can be expensive. But I always cherish whichever I choose.
Thirdlee & Co.
These hand felted ornaments are made and designed by an old coworker of mine from my Anthropologie days. Michelle’s pieces are true heirlooms and so gorgeous.
Ornaments from traditional retailers:
Most of these are self-explanatory and expected, but where necessary I added some notes.
- Amazon — I like to shop on Amazon for the basics like string lights. But these oversized iridescent glass balls deserve a shout out because they are stunning in person. They’re like bubbles on your tree!
- CB2 — always some really fun modern ornaments, plus my FAVE peace sign wreath
- Crate & Barrel
- Nordstrom Rack
- One Kings Lane
- Old World Christmas — Literally my FAVE source for specific novelty glass ornaments with loads of details. For example, I recently picked up ornaments shaped like a campfire, carton of eggs, and dachshund wearing a holiday sweater.
- Terrain — Another favorite source for lights, toppers, ornaments and anything else holiday-related. I want to LIVE inside of the Terrain website forever. It’s my ultimate aesthetic.
- Urban Outfitters
- West Elm
- World Market — not my absolute fave because sometimes it’s too kitschy for my vibe. But every once in a while they have a few ornaments I absolutely have to have!
Truly one of my favorite places to shop for vintage anything, Chairish is especially awesome because you can explore sellers near you!
And last, but not least, I’m always astounded by what I can find on Etsy. It can be challenging to score a deal because people really know what they are selling these days, but if you dig deep enough, I bet you’ll find a few.
So those are pretty much ALL of my sources for finding the best Christmas ornaments. Did your fave source make the list? If not, leave a comment and let me know where you like to shop for holiday decor! I’m always looking to expand my repertoire.