It’s the most wonderful time of the year — below freezing temperatures, the stress of finding the perfect gifts, and coordinating correctly with family members to ensure that quality time is shared with all. Oof. The holiday season can notoriously be stressful, but the holidays can feel magical, too. Strangers are more likely to offer a cheery ‘ happy holidays,’ pay it forward in the Starbucks line, or give back via their choice charity. Through all the stress, even the self-imposed, you can make the simple choice to focus on the good and spread merriment.
Spreading kindness in the season of giving is key no matter how big or small. Here are a few ideas for ways you can create a bit of magic and share your merry vibes:
- Make sure to tell the people you care about just how much. Not with a pricey gift, but maybe with an extra big hug or a surprise FaceTime call.
- Give a thoughtful gift. Take extra care and add some glitter when wrapping.
- Offer a warm smile to every stranger you pass. I’ve heard smiles are contagious.
- Instead of splurging on gifts or decorations, set a little a side for a charity dear to your heart.
- Be present when you are spending time with your loved ones.
The new year will be here in the blink of an eye, so why not end this year focusing on the good instead of the stress. For a daily reminder, I’ve made December’s download for your desktop and your iPhone. No matter where you look I hope you’ll be reminded to spread merry vibes only this holiday.