Learn how to make your life more beautiful with the help of former goop editor and London-based florist Eliza Honey, successful photographer and lifestyle blogger Joanna Hawley, and former Food & Wine editor-turned-food stylist Maren Ellingboe. We invite you to us on a very special workshop to learn the basics of floral, interior, tabletop and food styling, as well as photography, social media and blogging tips, in the beautiful Lunigiana region of Tuscany.
Setting a beautiful table, creating a floral arrangement or making a pretty dish doesn’t have to be about increasing your online presence, but in today’s social media-crazy world, it doesn’t hurt either. Learn from Joanna’s experience of creating a successful lifestyle blog with more than 4 million Pinterest followers. You’ll learn what separates a good photograph from a mediocre one, how to hone your personal brand, and how to make your social media accounts reflect your personal aesthetic. You’ll also learn what it takes to become a florist, interior stylist or food stylist, and the tools you need for each vocation. We’ll show you how to shop for props, forage for blooms and how to show off your culinary creations to their best advantage.
Whether you are working to enhance your career, boost your existing business or social media presence, or just want to have fun styling, cooking, eating, exploring and taking pictures with other creative people, Eliza, Joanna, and Maren will engage with you to make sure you enjoy yourself and learn as much as you can about the kinds of work they do in their daily lives. During that time we will basque in each others’ company and the Tuscan paradise that Annette Joseph has created at La Fortezza and the surrounding area.
Meet Your Workshop Instructors:
Eliza Honey started out in interiors and lifestyle editorial working for titles such as House & Garden, goop, and Elle Decoration, and has since turned her hand to floral styling spending her days at London florist Harper & Tom’s. Based in London, and inspired by the brits’ particular penchant for gardening, her floral creations have a wild, natural feel that’s inspired by the seasons.
Click to see more of Eliza’s portfolio:
Food Styling & Recipe Development:
Maren Ellingboe worked in editorial at Food & Wine in New York City for five years before moving to Oakland, California. She has worked as a food stylist and recipe developer for clients like Sunset, Imperfect Produce and Equinox, and she’s currently the editor and social media manager for the culinary start-up Just Add Salt. Her approach to food and styling is simple: it doesn’t need to be complicated, but it should always be delicious.
Click to see more of Maren’s portfolio:
Social Media & Lifestyle Styling
Joanna Hawley, aka Jojotastic, has always had an eye for beautiful things with experience as a product designer and trend scout for companies like Nordstrom and Anthropologie. Along with regular styling gigs, Joanna runs jojotastic.com to show off her appreciation for all things DIY, entertaining, interior design, style, and food — in a modern yet casual type of way.
Click to see more of Joanna’s portfolio:
$3,900.00 (nonrefundable initial deposit: $1,800 + remaining balance due one month prior)
- 7 attendees total
- Fee includes accommodations (3 private and 2 shared rooms), all breakfasts, personalized instruction, and class-related excursions. Lunch and some dinners may be included, but not guaranteed. Private rooms are on a first come, first serve basis.
- By purchasing this workshop, you agree to pay the remaining balance when prompted to do so. No refunds are available after booking.
- Airfare is not included. Students fly into nearest airport which is Pisa, Italy. There are no airport pick-ups. You are responsible for transportation to and from the workshop to La Fortezza. More information about taking the short train ride will be sent prior to your arrival.
- All attendees traveling from the United States are required to purchase short term international travel health insurance. Proof of travel insurance will be required to attend any workshop. This site will help you to compare pricing and benefits.
- Please be aware: Due to the nature of our property, we are not ADA compliant, and we cannot accept guests requiring accessibility.