This post is sponsored by Patrón. All opinions are my own and always will be! Thanks for supporting content that keeps Jojotastic going.
A good margarita is one of life’s greatest little luxuries. While a classic margarita is always delicious, I like to be a bit more adventurous. When Patrón reached out to tell me about their #MargaritaOfTheYear contest, I knew this was the time to change things up and try something different! They helped me craft a cocktail featuring my favorite of their tequilas and some unexpected ingredients (plus, a dash of spice).
This Tropicante Margarita recipe is really something special with it’s savory-meets-sweet flavor profile. I love the deep flavor that the Reposado tequila adds, especially when paired with the sweetness of the mango liqueur. The resulting combination of this recipe is a delightful, tropical drink inspired by the flavors of Mexico — and totally deserves to win #MargaritaOfTheYear!
The #MargaritaOfTheYear contest is meant to showcase the versatility of the margarita and its endless variations in flavor profiles. Patrón crafted 7 cocktail recipes to celebrate — and wants you to vote for your favorite!
- 1.75 oz Patrón Reposado
- .5 oz Patrón Citrónge Mango
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- .5 oz light agave syrup
- .25 medium avocado
- short dash of celery bitters
- short dash of grapefruit bitters
- chipotle chili salt
- sliced mango for garnish
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out half of one side and add to the cocktail shaker, mashing with a spoon until soft.
- Add liquid ingredients to the shaker, using a spoon to release the avocado from the side of the shaker, and ‘dry shake’ the contents without ice until the avocado is broken up and emulsified.
- Rim a double old fashioned glass with chipotle chili salt (to make your own, combine 1/2 cup salt with 1 tablespoon chipotle powder) and fill with ice. Add ice to shaker and shake vigorously until well chilled. Use a mesh strainer to ‘fine strain’ the cocktail into the iced glass. Garnish with a ribbon of mango.
I’m always looking for fun ways to entertain guests, so this cocktail will definitely be on my list as I invite guests over this summer. The Tropicante Margarita is the perfect way to enjoy Patrón is responsibly — be sure to vote for it here!
So what do you think?? Will you be trying our savory-sweet margarita? Let us know what you think of our recipe in the comments!
photography & styling by Jojotastic.