Every time I travel back to the east coast, especially Philadelphia, I’m always blown away by how many of you are from there… I had no idea! (For the record, I absolutely love when you guys DM me on Instagram with tips on your hometowns… keep ’em coming!) I only lived there for 2 years, and admittedly, they weren’t the happiest years of my life because of some personal stuff I was sorting through. That being said, my best friend lives there which gives me reason to visit from time to time and I’ve actually developed a bit of a soft spot in my heart for one neighborhood in particular, Fishtown.
I lived just outside of Fishtown for a bit in Kensington, but those areas have really blended together over the past few years. While I was there last week, I was astounded by all the new super-cute boutiques and restaurants that have popped up while I was there and wanted to share with you my finds. If you’re planning a trip to Philly or just live there and want to find something new in your city, hopefully this travel guide overview will help!
Travel Guide: Fishtown, Philadelphia
While I was visiting Fishtown, the biggest shock was how many new stores have opened up! When I lived there, open retail spaces were aplenty, but no one ever filled them. Well, that has changed! There were so many stylish boutiques that I momentarily forgot where I was… it almost felt like Venice Beach. Here are some faves shops in Fishtown that totally wowed me:
- Vestige — I bought sooo many new additions to my prop library from here!
- Field — the cutest plant shop ever.
- Minnow Lane
- Two Percent To Glory — I actually used to live above this space!
- Franklin & Poe
Philadelphia is known for it’s incredible food scene and I’m happy to report that Fishtown’s culinary game is stronger than ever. I think by now you know that I mostly travel based on food and Philly is no different. I have my old favorites, but for this trip I branched out and tried lots of new stuff. Here are a few that are new to Fishtown and oh-so-good:
- Cheu Noodle Bar — the miso ramen and black garlic wings are fab.
- Cake Life
- Kensington Quarters
- Pizza Gutt and Win Win Coffee Bar — my good friend! He makes the best pizza I’ve ever had stateside and the cocktails at Win Win are sooo good.
- Ekta — my ultimate Indian food delivery, hands down.
- Wm. Mulherin’s Sons — definitely order a breakfast pie and a donut sandwich for brunch!
If you’re local to Philly or Fishtown, what’s missing from this list? I’d love to know what some of your favorites are!