Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Grove Collaborative. All opinions are my own and always will be! Thanks for supporting the content that keeps Jojotastic going.
With 2 humans, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and currently 6 baby chickens, our house might be small but it can get messy rather quickly. Now, more than ever before, we are focused on cleaning and disinfecting as much as we can — but in a sustainable, earth-friendly way. Today I am so excited because I teamed up with Grove Collaborative, a service I have personally used for years, to share my sustainable cleaning toolkit with you! That includes everything I use, how I use it, and why I love it.
IGTV video will go here
Keep a Clean House With My Favorite Sustainable Cleaning Products & Tools
I swear, I could go on and on about these cleaning products and tools, especially because they are free of harmful chemicals. About 7 years ago, I completely removed all toxic, harsh cleaning products from my home. I just didn’t feel like they were necessary, especially after seeing how many advances had been made in plant-based cleaners. Since then, I’ve never looked back.
Plant-based & sustainable cleaning products I swear by
I am a huge fan of Grove’s cleaning concentrates for all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, and floor cleaner. They are SO good and SO effective. Also, they smell great (you can pick your fragrance or free and clear). I’m always trying to reduce the amount of plastic we buy, so being able to mix our own cleaner as needed in cute glass bottles makes a big difference. Speaking of plastic, by 2025, every product Grove makes and sells will be plastic-free. Until then, they are now plastic neutral in partnership with Plastic Bank!
Getting back to the concentrates… Grove has color coded silicone bases for the bottles for them.. but clearly you can tell that I labeled ours with masking tape! Sean couldn’t keep them apart, so I gave in and labeled them.
I also like to use Bon Ami powder cleanser for cleaning our tub and shower enclosure. This cleaner contains baking soda, is pet-friendly, and Fair Trade… and extremely affordable. I’ve used it for years for pretty much any hard surface in our home. It’s also really good if you’ve burnt on food and cannot get it off!
In terms of soaps, I get refillable pouches of liquid hand soap and gel dish soap. When I got rid of all my harsh cleaners, I started with soaps. I’m happy with these because they are made with 95% plant-derived ingredients and without tons of other icky ingredients. While I don’t love the plastic pouches, I’m happy that they fill a bottle twice per pouch.
Cleaning tools I use
- Microfiber cloths – I use these for everything instead of paper towels! They are easy to wash and do a great job of cleaning.
- Tenacious C Cast Iron Brush – the BEST scrubbing brush for anything that’s really stuck on
- Dust Whisperer Filament Duster — I love that this duster is machine washable! Our house (especially the hood over the cooktop) is always so dusty, so I use this a lot.
- Cleaning Gloves — Gloves are a cleaning essential, even with plant-based cleaning supplies
- Compact Mop with Collapsible Handle — ok, listen up small space dwellers! This is the floor cleaning mop you need. It’s company and sturdy! I swear by it.
- Cleaning Caddy — perfect for holding my sustainable cleaning toolkit and bringing it from room to room
- Walnut Scrubber Sponges — I’m pretty picky about sponges and these are great. They are non-toxic and non-abrasive… and made with crushed walnuts!
- Glass Soap Dispenser — the perfect size for any bathroom or kitchen
Why I love shopping with Grove
More and more, I am feeling the power of putting our money toward companies who give a damn — and Grove is one of them. They are a Certified B Corporation, which means that they are recognized as a business that does good for people, animals, communities, and the planet. And they think beyond just the single product and instead focus on the bigger picture. For example, they offset the carbon of every shipment and they are aiming to plant one million trees over the next three years!
And a few other products I love to use…
Here’s the thing about Grove… they don’t only sell cleaning products! I love to get sustainable food storage containers like these reusable bags, dog treats, and anything I need to lead a more sustainable life like these bamboo straws. They are especially awesome because there’s a tiny brush to clean the straws easily!
Shop the post:
- Floor Cleaning Concentrate
- All Purpose Cleaning Concentrate
- Glass Cleaning Concentrate
- Glass Spray Bottle with Silicone Sleeve, Set of 3
- Dish Soap
- Cleaning Gloves
- Liquid Hand Soap Refill
- Tenacious C Cast Iron Brush
- Bon Ami – Powder Cleanser
- Dust Whisperer Filament Duster
- Microfiber cloths
- Cleaning Caddy
- Walnut Scrubber Sponges
- Glass Soap Dispenser
- Gel Dish Soap
BTW, if you’re a new customer to Grove, sign up here and you’ll get a free product gift with purchase! Honestly, Grove has some awesome freebies like glass soap bottles and a nice ceramic tray to set the bottle on. Pretty much every time I order, I get a free gift and it’s always something I need and use!