One of my favorite parts about our new cabin life is that we have a wood burning stove! I grew up in a home with one and it’s just the coziest. Truly, nothing says ‘hygge’ quite like hanging out by the fire with a hot toddy in hand. With the temps here in the mountains dipping into the 20s and even teens at night, we’ve been building a fire nearly every night… but we still don’t have fireplace tools to actually tend to it! Instead, we’ve been using a ridiculously heavy and unwieldy metal rod that the previous owners left behind (I posted it to my Instagram Stories last night). So naturally, I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of modern fireplace tools and simply had to share my findings with you!
15+ Modern Fireplace Tools to Help You Stay Cozy All Winter Long
As you can see, what we currently have is not the most elegant solution to tending the fire in our new cabin… it’s also really heavy for no reason!
Given how much we use the wood stove (and that I care about aesthetics on top of function), it’s time to pick a set that will match my vision for this part of our new home… while also serving the purpose of poking the fire — my favorite winter past time!
Let’s dig into some really good options for modern fireplace tools.
Black fireplace tools (top to bottom, left to right):
- Mid century brass and walnut rectangular toolset
- Emma Fireplace tool set
- Mid century brass and walnut round toolset
- Hearthside tool set
- Black modern fireplace tools set
- Old English Fireplace Tool set
- Jackson Fireplace Collection in oiled bronze
- Industrial toolset
Brass and mixed material fireplace tools (top to bottom, left to right):
- Sinclair tool set in burnished brass
- George Nelson fireplace tool set
- Port fireplace tools
- 4-piece bent gold standing fireplace tool set
- Industrial 5-piece fireplace tool set
- Jackson brass tool set
- Vail 5-piece fireplace tool set
- Black marble fireplace tool set
So which fireplace set is your favorite?? I also want to visit some local thrift stores to see what I can find there, too!