Before I even had a timeline in place for my bedroom renovation, I knew I wanted to involve wallpaper. I wasn’t sure if I’d wallpaper one wall, all of the walls, or even the ceiling, but I needed to wallpaper something. The dining room and it’s navy blue wall has really set a tone for the rest of the house, a theme if you will. Now 6 months later, I’m still so obsessed with my navy blue wall that I want it to inspire my wallpaper decision. I swear, I might have looked at over 100 navy hued wallpapers… but I’ve made my decision, this stunning marble stripe by Rebecca Atwood.
With so many to choose from, I wanted to create a mini guide for you in case you’re on the hunt for the perfect navy blue wallpaper!
Part of my search involved finding the perfect pattern first and foremost. Did I want a navy blue wallpaper that was floral? geometric? nature-inspired? After looking for a while, I realized that I was most drawn to the wallpapers that felt more like a texture than a pattern.
- Romeo by Schumacher
- Kashmir Kaleidoscope by York Wallcoverings
- Florence by Schumacher
- Paint Strokes mural by anewall
I also really love wallpaper patterns that felt like they were gathered during travels around the world. Most of these have either a white or ivory ground, but with gorgeous shades of blue on top.
- Blooms by Rebecca Atwood
- Knots by Terrence Payne for Hygge & West
- Katara Paisley by Schumacher
- Vientiane Ikat by Schumacher
- Katsugi by Schumacher
Or… did I want a wallpaper with a dark ground? And with metallic! Sigh. So many options…
- Modern Luxe Enchanted by York Wallcoverings
- Sisters of the Sun by Juju Wallpapers for Rejuvenation
- Jabu by Cole & Sons
- Strike by Heath Ceramics for Hygge & West
- Underwater World by Pattern People for Hygge & West
If you’re looking for a navy wallpaper that’s also boho in feel, these ones have you covered (ha ha, see what I did there?).
- Indigo Ombre from Chasing Paper
- Fez by Justina Blakeney for Hygge & West
- Shibori City Scape by Milton & King
- Hornbeam by Farrow & Ball
I also considering going with a tropical themed wallpaper because when first bought the house, it had a ginormous palm tree in front of it! That sucker was at least 10′ tall. I had to remove it because of rodent issues, but it definitely made me consider giving the house a boho-tropical vibe like these wallpapers. I didn’t end up going that route, but these wallpapers are just too good not to share!
- Palm Jungle by Cole & Son
- Abstract Leaf by Schumacher
- Abu Dhabi by Milton & King
- Jungle Dream by Aimée Wilder
Which one is your favorite??