Christmas realllly snuck up on me this year. I can’t believe that it’s next Wednesday. MEEP. Usually for the holidays, each member of Sean’s family brings a dish for a Christmas Eve meal. Greek pastries have been my go-to for the past few years, but I wanna change things up. One appetizer I am definitely planning to bring is this whipped feta. It’s so easy to make, especially at the last-minute. Looking for something to bring for a holiday party? This recipe is it!
I’m half-Greek, so feta is always on hand in our household. We literally put it on everything. It’s so good paired with the creaminess of cream cheese, perfect for dipping. Whipped feta goes well with crudité vegetables, pita chips, and pieces of bread. In my opinion, the key to making this appetizer even better is using the best olive oil you can find. I still have some that I brought back from Italy, which is what I use as a finishing oil on pretty much everything!
The Easiest Last-Minute Appetizer Recipe: Whipped Feta
- Food processor
- 6 ounce block of feta cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- fresh oregano
- fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- salt & pepper to taste
- An hour before you want to make the whipped feta appetizer, remove the feta and cream cheese from your fridge and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Clean and chop the herbs. I sort of just estimate how much I want to add, but you can always taste and add more.
- Combine the cheeses in a food processor, pulsing to combine. Then add herbs, olive oil, and lemon juice. At this point is when I suggest tasting the mixture and adding herbs if you want more.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl, top with a drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Serve with raw veggies like carrots, celery, tomatoes, peppers, etc. or pita chips or toasted bread.
This whipped feta appetizer isn’t just for the holidays, btw. I regularly make it year-round, especially when I’m entertaining on our patio in the summer. It’s just really easy and doesn’t require actually cooking. Now, if you’ll excuse me… I have to finish wrapping some presents!
Looking for even more appetizer recipes? Check out these:
- Warm Cheese Bites with Red Pepper Jelly
- How to Make Tzatziki Sauce + A Veggie Snack Board
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Caesar Dressing Recipe