This year has definitely been a mixed bag of emotions, but I’m doing my best to stay positive. One bright spot has been consistently working in partnership with Fred Meyer and Kroger on Instagram! They’ve been such awesome brand partners, especially since it gives me more of an opportunity to share recipes I love. I’m also aware that not all of my blog readers follow me on Instagram, so just in case I decided to publish it to the blog, too! This recipe is straight from my Yia Yia’s recipe collection (that’s Greek for grandma, btw).
My Easy Lamb Souvlaki Recipe — From My Yia Yia’s Recipe Collection!
I genuinely hope you love this easy grilling recipe. It’s so perfect for entertaining on the patio during the summer. Plus, you can use this recipe with chicken or beef as well.
My Easy Lamb Souvlaki Recipe
- 1/2 pound lamb I love that Fred Meyer has American lamb! You can also substitute beef or chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- bell peppers and yellow onion, cut into small pieces for kabobs
- Cut the lamb off the bones (save them in your freezer to make stock later) and cut into small cubes. Whisk together all ingredients and add lamb. Allow to marinate for 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to make the skewers, alternate lamb, bell pepper and onion pieces.
- Grill over medium-high heat, turning frequently and basting with the leftover marinade, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve.
You know me, I’m always into setting the table and making small moments (like dinner at home) special. So we eat souvlaki on our outdoor dining table, along with some other delicious Greek sides like tzatziki. I suggest also serving the souvlaki with a plate of fresh feta cheese, tomatoes tossed with cucumber, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, mixed olives, and a crisp, cold wine!
Looking for even more easy weeknight recipes? Check out these:
- My Easy Pantry Pasta Recipe
- Comfort Food Recipes I Highly Recommend
- Rustic Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup
- My Easy Ramen Recipe Made with Pantry Staples