Oof, puppy life… not exactly the cleanest. Diamond is officially potty trained, but there were some dark days of going outside every two hours, cleaning up so many puppy messes, and living with a steam cleaner on hand at all times. Now that we’re on the other side of potty training, I wanted to share some cleaning tools that helped me clean up after her! This isn’t the sexiest of blog post topics, but it’s definitely a good resource to save in case you adopt a puppy in the future. Also, it’s a great excuse for me to talk about my obsession with a few choice cleaning tools!
7 Cleaning Tools I Love for Cleaning Up Pet Messes
- BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot and Stain Carpet Cleaner — the day I bought this, I felt like SUCH an adult. And I’m here to tell you that it is worth every penny and MORE. I absolutely love this thing. I do wish it was easier to clean itself, but it does an amazing job cleaning up pet stains that I can’t really complain too much.
- Rocco & Roxie Supply Professional Strength Stain and Odor Eliminator — when it comes to really cleaning up pet messes, enzyme cleaners are the name of the game for removing deep-down stains and smells. Lots of people swear by this spray so I got it when we adopted Diamond. It’s been an awesome addition to my cleaning toolkit.
- Bissell Professional Power Shot Oxy Carpet Spot — when it comes to stain removers, this spray is practically my first love. IT IS SO GOOD.
- BISSELL ICONpet Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner — I’ve had this vacuum on my wishlist for ages, ever since Jess shared it a while back. It’s just so intelligently designed with all of the useful tools. I love that it’s light, too… especially since our old vacuum is insanely heavy and we have stairs now! But my favorite feature is that Bissell’s team designed it literally for pet owners, which is totally genius. I highly recommend checking out this vacuum + all of it’s attachments.
- Grove Co. Cleaning Gloves — I am one of those people who wears gloves any time I do dishes or clean up messes. These are great and affordable.
- Brabantia Sort & Go Waste Bin — our old kitchen had built-in trash containers, but we don’t have that luxury in our cabin now. I picked up two of these bins because they fit under the sink perfectly. I love that they have a handle, so I can take it anywhere I need to as I’m cleaning up messes.
- Tenacious C cast iron brush — Even though this is for cleaning up cast iron pans, I love it for realllllly getting in there and scrubbing.
I hope you don’t think this post is too weird. I’ve gotten lots of direct messages on Instagram asking me how we’re dealing with pet messes now that we have a puppy, so I figured putting it all on the blog would help! Let me know if I missed anything that you swear by, too.