As weird as this is to admit, this recipe started with a birthday party at a Brazilian steakhouse. It’s not that I’d never had a caipirinha before, but this time felt different. The cocktail felt so refreshing and totally perfect for spring. That night I ended up having 3 or 4 of them because I really couldn’t get enough. Before we left, I texted Rocky, our cocktail recipe developer, and knew we needed to share a caipirinha recipe with you guys! To make it even more perfect for spring, she added fresh strawberries and aromatic basil for a fun twist on Brazil’s national cocktail.
I also have a soft spot in my heart for the classic caipirinha thanks to seeing Anthony Bourdain wax poetic about it countless times on his various shows. Perhaps a trip to Brazil is in order one day!
Also, initially I had wanted to share another St. Patrick’s Day cocktail with you guys, but honestly… I’m a bit bored of them! We’ve done lots of those already, so if that’s what you’re looking for, here are some favorites from the archives:
- luck of the irish whiskey rickey
- pot o’ gold cocktail
- cucumber infused gin & tonic
- the San Patricio cocktail
Strawberry Basil Caipirinha
- 2 oz Cahaca
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 bar spoonful simple syrup
- a few dashes of cherry bitters
- fresh basil
- fresh strawberries sliced
- Muddle the strawberries and basil in a cocktail shaker. Add in the remaining ingredients with ice. Shake and strain into a glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with more strawberries and basil — and add a cute straw for fun!
Don’t you love easy cocktail recipes?? This is our favorite cocktail at the moment. Let us know what you think of our recipe in the comments!
Sources: straws, Moroccan glass tumbler, green linen napkin, berry basket (old), white pitcher.
Photography and styling by Jojotastic. Recipe developed by Raquel Roof for Jojotastic.
Get more recipes here!